- 1/2 cup coarse fresh Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 pkg of Mattys Seafood Scallops
- 1 lb finely diced bacon
- 1 large egg
- 5 tbs finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt and pepper
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- To make the balls, mix the breadcrumbs, Scallops and bacon, breaking the meat up with your fingers as you go. Add the egg, cheese, sage, salt, and mix until combined. Form into 12 meatballs.
- For the sauce, mix the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, thyme, Sriracha, and 1/2 tsp. salt in a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker until the tomato paste dissolves.
- Nestle the meatballs into the sauce. Cover and cook until cooked through, 3 to 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. (The meatballs can stay on the keep-warm setting for up to 2 hours.) Season to taste with salt and serve.